Jesse Lee Kresak, MD
Jesse Lee Kresak, MD, completed medical school and anatomic pathology residency at the University of South Florida. Shelater attended the University of Florida for a neuropathology fellowship at the UF Department of Pathology, immunology and Laboratory Medicine, where she remained on as faculty in 2014. Dr. Kresak's comprehensive training included emphasis on surgical neuropathology, neuromuscular pathology, and ophthalmic pathology. She is a co-investigator on several brain tumor studies, and her funded research at the Preston A Wells, Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy focuses on the host immunologic interaction with primary brain tumors.
- 2012 - 14: Neuropathology fellow, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 2010 - 12: Anatomic pathology residency, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- 2006 - 10: Doctor of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine
- 2003 - 06: Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Sciences, Minor in Mathematics and Biophysics, University of South Florida, Honors College
Publications and Presentations
- Kresak JL, Shan F. Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Gliomas. In: Coppola D, ed. Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Cancer, Springer, Dordecht, Netherlands. 2014
- Kresak JL, Rivera-Zengotita M, Foss R, Yachnis AT. CNS Intra-operative Consultation: A Survival Guide for Non-neuropathologists. In: Day C, ed. Histopathology: Methods and Protocols, Springer. 2014. 1180:369-76
- Kresak JL, Nguyen , Wong K, Davis R. Primary CNS-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Case Series and Review of the Literature, Neuropathology, 2013. 33(6):658-62
- Kresak JL, Roper S, Yachnis A. Lhermitte-Duclos Disease: Circumscribed Cerebellar Cortical Overgrowth with Granule Cell Hypertrophy and Altered PTEN/mTOR Signaling. Pathology Case Reviews 2013;18(6):253-256
- Rivera-Zengotita M, Kresak JL. Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor in An Unusual Intraventricular Location. Pathology Case Reviews 2013;18(6):271-272
- Kresak JL, Burt M, Rivera-Zengotita M, Yachnis A. Inadvertent Intrathecal Vincristine Administration with Widespread Axonal Injury Demonstrated by Amyloid Precursor Protein Immunohistochemistry. Acad Forensic Pathol 2014; 4(4): 563-566
- Kresak JL, Fargen K, Yachnis A, Blackburn S. 59 Year Old Female with Cerebellopontine Angle Hemorrhage. Brain Pathology 2015; 25(2): 229-30
- Kresak JL, Lockney DT, Yachnis A. Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy in an Apparently Healthy Child: an unsuspected diagnosis. Ped Neurosurg (in press)
- Sayour EJ, McLendon P, McLendon R, De Leon G, Reynolds R, Kresak J, Sampson JH, Mitchell DA. Increased proportion of FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in tumor infiltrating lymphocytes is associated with tumor recurrence and reduced survival in patients with glioblastoma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2015 Jan 3.
- Loftus TJ, Kresak JL, Gonzalo DH, Sarosi GA Jr, Behrns KE. Duodenal gangliocytic paraganglioma: A case report and literature review. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2015 Jan 9;8C:5-8.
- Setoodeh R, Hakam A, Kresak, JL, Shan F. Intracranial metastasis from cervical cancer: case report and review of the literature. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2011, 135(9).
- Kresak JL, Shan F. Visual Changes and Proptosis as Initial Presentation of Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 2011. 70(6):542-43
- Kresak JL. Rivera-Zengotita M., Devers K, Yachnis A, Siebzehnrubl F. Strong ZEB1 immunoreactivity in IDH1-positive gliomas: a possible link between tumorigenic pathways? J of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 2013. 72(6): 564-65
- Kresak JL. Chang, M. Rivera-Zengotia M, Yachnis A. Metachronous Epstein-Barr Virus-Associated Tumors in an Immunocompromised Man. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2013, 137(10).
- Armaghani A, Zusman B, Kresak JL, Stacpoole P, Wicklund M. Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor of the Spine 25 Years After Pineocytoma Resection. Society of General Internal Medicine. 2014. San Diego, CA
- Rivera-Zengotita M, Kresak JL, Pincus D, Yachnis A. Pediatric Brainstem Tumors with Features of Angiocentric Glioma: Report of Two Cases. J of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 2014. 73(6)
- O’Connow W, Kresak JL, Rivera-Zengotita M, Rush D. Cacophony of Development: Limb–Body Wall Complex Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2014, 138(9): e103.
- Decker M, Kresak JL, Yachnis A, Bova F, Rahman M. Intra-Operative Use Of Fluorescein For Malignant Glioma Resection Differentiates Tumor From Normal Brain Tissue Based On Histopathologic Analysis. Neuro Oncol 2014. 16 (11) suppl 5: v141.
Presentations and Lectures
- “Women in Medicine: past to present.” USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, November 2007
- “Unexplained Cause of Death: Case review and the role of autopsy.” Grand Rounds, USF College of Medicine, Dept of Neurosurgery, Tampa, FL, 2011
- “Molecular Diagnostics of Gliomas”, Invited lecture, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, June 2011
- “Algorithmic Approach to a Brain Biopsy.” Invited lecture, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residents, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, January 2013
- “Neuropathology of the Tuberous Sclerosis Complex.” Department of Pathology, University of Florida, February 2013
- “The Inflamed Muscle.” Department of Pathology, University of Florida, April 2013
- “The Immune Microenvironment of Glioblastoma.” Faculty Candidate Seminar, University of Florida, December 2013
- “Skeletal Muscle and Peripheral Nerve Pathology.” Invited lecture, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Course, Second-Year Medical Students, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, January, 2014, 2013, 2012
- “Sclerosing Extramedullary Hematopoietic Tumor.” American Association of Neuropathologists, Diagnostic Slide Session, Portland, OR, June 14, 2014