Anthony T. Yachnis, MD, MS
- Authored more than 100 publications, including journal articles, book chapters and two books;
- Given numerous invited national and local presentations; and
- Won national and local awards for research and teaching, including the Horatio T. Enterline Award in surgical pathology and the Moore and Rubinstein Awards for the American Association of Neuropathologists.
Dr. Yachnis was the senior associate editor for the publication, Laboratory Investigation, from 2003 - 08 and is currently still active on its Editorial Board. He also served on the on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology from 1998 - 2003 and has served as a reviewer for numerous other pathology journals. His other professional assiciations include working for the:
- College of American Pathologists Neuropathology Committee
- Executive Council of the American Association of Neuropathologists (AANP)
- Education Committee of the United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology
- The Diagnostic Slide Session of the AANP.
Prior to his tenure at the UF College of Medicine, Dr. Yachnis completed pathology residency and a surgical pathology fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania from 1986 to 1991. He then received specialized training in pediatric neuropathology at Philadelphia Children's Hospital in 1993.