Consultation, Endocrine Pathology
- 88321 Basic, consultation and report on referred material; or
- 88323 Moderate, consultation and report on referred material requiring slide preparation; or
- 88325 Complex, consultation, with review of records and specimens, as well as report on referred material.
Additional billing may apply if special studies are indicated.
- Any relevant paraffin-embedded blocks
- Eosin, hematoxylin and all special-stain slides (if any)
- Additional tissue should be submitted in suitable fixative if special studies are required, including but not limited to, cytogenetics, electron microscopy, fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH), flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry or polymerase chain reaction.
- The patient’s clinical history, along with an explanatory note and copies of the preliminary pathology report and all radiological findings
For more information, contact the UF PathLabs Client Services Department at (888) 375-LABS (5227).
Storage/Transport Temperature: Submit specimens according to Biological Substance, Category B, shipping guidelines.
This test is used for second opinions.
1 - 5 days
Monday - Friday