- 88302, 88304, 88305, 88307 or 88309, depending on the case complexity
- 88312 and 88313 if special stains are used
- 88342 if immunoperoxidase stains are utilized
Tissue must be fixed in formalin. For thyroid FNA collection and specimen requirement specifications, see Cytopathology: Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) in this directory. For fixative and more information, contact the UF Health Pathology Laboratories Client Services Department at 888.375.LABS (5227).
Storage/Transport Temperature: Submit specimen according to Biological Substance, Category B, shipping guidelines.
- Frozen specimens
- Specimens not in appropriate fixative
- Ambient: Indefinitely
- Refrigerated: Indefinitely
- Frozen: Unacceptable
1 - 5 days
Monday - Friday