Head & Neck / Endocrine (Thyroid and Parathyroid) Pathology
- 88302, 88304, 88305, 88307 or 88309, depending on the case complexity
- 88311 for decalcification
- 88312 and 88313 if special stains are used
- 88342 if immunoperoxidase stains are utilized
Tissue must be fixed in formalin. A copy of all radiological findings is recommended to be submitted with the case.
For fixative and more information, contact the UF Health Pathology Laboratories Client Services Department at 888.375.LABS (5227).
Storage/Transport Temperature: Submit specimens according to Biological Substance, Category B, shipping guidelines.
- Frozen specimens
- Specimens not in appropriate fixative
- Ambient: Indefinitely
- Refrigerated: Indefinitely
- Frozen: Unacceptable
1 - 3 days
Monday - Friday