FISH Study: Neoplastic interphase CDKN2A with 9cen
UFHPL Test #:
- Bone Marrow Aspirate: Obtain 1 - 2 cc of in a green-top (sodium heparin) tube and immediately rotate it thoroughly to ensure adequate mixing with the anticoagulant.
- Bone Marrow Core Biopsy: Deposit samples in a sterile container containing tissue culture medium with antibiotics (RPMI) that have been brought to room temperature before collection.*
- Peripheral Blood Specimens: Peripheral blood specimens may be submitted in those clinical conditions (i.e. circulating blasts) and/or circumstances (where clinically warranted).
* Cell viability of specimens requiring cell culture may be compromised in specimens more than 48 hours old upon receipt. Refrigeration at 2° - 8° C may assist when a delay is not preventable. Do not freeze or place specimens directly on ice.
- Frozen specimens
- Specimens more than a week old for FISH study only
- Specimens for concurrent FISH and cytogenetic studies more than 48 hours old*
- Formalin-, alcohol- or paraffin-preserved specimens
Stability (collection to initiation of testing):
- Ambient: 24 - 48 hours*
- Frozen: Unacceptable
Interphase nuclei fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) copy number analyses
Within 5 - 12 days
Monday - Saturday