Mycoplasma genitalium (Mgen)
Epic order code: LAB1230800
• Aptima Multitest Swab Specimen Collection Kit
o Clinician collected vaginal swab using the Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit
o Patient collected vaginal swab using the Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit
o Patient collected penile meatal using the Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit
• Aptima Unisex Swab Specimen Collection Kit
o Clinician collected endocervical using the Aptima Unisex Swab Specimen Collection Kit
o Clinician collected male urethral swab using the Aptima Unisex Swab Specimen Collection Kit
• Aptima Urine Collection Kit for Male and Female Urine Specimens
• Swabs or samples collected in any other transport media
• No swab present
Stability (collection to initiation of testing):
• Swab specimens can be stored at 2ºC to 30ºC for up to 30 days. If longer storage is needed, swab specimens in transport tubes can be stored at -20ºC or -70ºC for an additional 60 days
• Urine specimen collected in the Aptima Urine Collection Kit: 30 days at 2°C to 30°C.
• Neat urine is stable at 2 - 30 °C for up to 24 hours.
This test is used to detect the sexually transmitted disease, Mycoplasma genitalium.
4 days from receipt of the specimen
Negative (interpretative report provided)
|Positive (Detected)||Mycoplasma genitalium was detected|
|Negative (Not Detected)||Mycoplasma genitalium was not detected|
|Invalid||Invalid: there was an error in the generation of the result. Specimen should be retested|