Allergen Profile, Basic Food Profile
Thermo Fisher ImmunoCAP®
Monday - Friday
This test is used to detect possible IgE-mediated responses to various foods.
The test includes:
- Egg (whole)
- Fish/Shell mix
- Milk (cow)
Results should be interpreted in the context of all available and clinical laboratory findings.
Container/Tube: Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube
Sample Volume: 8.5 mLStorage: Refrigerate specimens immediately after collection.
CPT Code (s):
86003 (x 9), 86005
UFHPL Test #: 68005
- Sampson HA. Clinical practice. Peanut allergy. N Engl J Med. 2002 Apr 25; 346(17):1294-1299. PubMed 11973367
- Sampson HA. Immunological approaches to the treatment of food allergy. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2001; 12(Suppl 14):91-96. PubMed 11380908
- Sampson HA. Improving in vitro tests for the diagnosis of food hypersensitivity. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002 Jun; 2(3):257-261. PubMed 12045424
- Sampson HA. Utility of food-specific IgE concentrations in predicting symptomatic food allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001 May; 107(5):891-896. PubMed 11344358
- Sampson HA, Ho DG. Relationship between food-specific IgE concentrations and the risk of positive food challenges in children and adolescents. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1997 Oct; 100(4):444-451.PubMed 9338535